Fabric is the core of your dress but we know there are so many different types so we are here to give you a breakdown of the options you can choose for your design! At Anomalie we offer a variety of fabrics for your dress that range from soft, flowy, drapey, and structured! Different fabrics will achieve different looks and will explain them all to you here!
Unsure where to start when it comes to fabric? Let us walk you through a few things to consider:
- Are you looking for fabric for a specific look or for an overall feel? Some fabrics will give a certain look and others will feel a certain way!
- Where you are getting married and how fabric may affect your day! For example, if you are getting married on a beach, a heavily structured dress may not be realistic.
- Is the fabric for your dress something you haven’t considered and need guidance from a stylist? No problem, we are here for that exact reason and will explain it all to you!
Soft Tulle Fabrics
Tulle is a soft nylon netting used to create fluid silhouettes or silhouettes with a considerable amount of volume. This fabric is best used in dresses that incorporate lace and beading. Tulle is offered in our standard colors which include snow-white, soft white, champagne, nude, blue belle, blush, black, lilac, and sparkle tulles (silver and gold).
Light & Structured
We are able to create light and structured looks with Chiffon and Georgette. These are fabrics that are sheerer and lightweight offering a slightly silkier look. They are most commonly used for a circle skirt silhouette! These fabrics are offered in both black and white!
Crepe is a fabric that has a natural drape and cling to it, often used with a Sheath or Fit/Flare silhouette. This fabric is opaque and can withstand a small to medium amount of lace! Crepe is offered in both black and white!
We have sourced a handful of beautiful Brocade fabrics which have a thicker, woven, raised pattern throughout. This is a great option if you are looking for a more structured look with an all-over pattern.
We have a handful of structured fabrics to choose from that range from matte to sheen! These fabrics are heavy, structured, and provide a firm finish to hold a silhouette shape! Our structured fabrics include Mikado, Silk Cotton Faille, and Luxe Satin!
Our sparkle fabrics have similar bases as our normal tulle, consisting of soft nylon netting. These fabrics are offered in silver, clear, and gold and are a perfect option for the bride who wants to shine! We offer these in light and dense options if you are wanting to keep it subtle or go all out!
Skin Tone Illusion
Illusion mesh is used to offer a sheer, natural look on your dress. We offer either skin tone illusion or the same color of your dress without lining beneath it!
Considering Anomalie for your gown? Here’s some additional information.
Anomalie gowns generally range between $1,300 and $2,300 and the process takes roughly 4-6 months from payment to delivery. We use an innovative At Home Try-on to ensure better measurements than a tailor and gowns are backed by the FitCommit Guarantee.
Browse base designs to get started and create an account to customize + confirm your design.
Have questions or need help creating your dress before payment? Schedule a complementary Design Call. Our principles on each call are:
- Transparency – We’ll be honest about the strengths and weaknesses of our process, and whether Anomalie is right for you. Our goal is to help you find the perfect dress, whether that is from Anomalie or somewhere else.
- We meet you wherever you are in the dress search, making expert recommendations to brides just starting or helping brides who know what they want create their dream dress.
- Visualization is key – we use the thousands of dresses we’ve made to show you specific pictures of what your dream dress will look like in your size. We’ll suggest detailed lace placement and fabric options so you know exactly what you’re getting.
Get started on your dream dress – Schedule your Design Appointment.
-Written by Design Stylists Megan and Morgan