At Anomalie, we have helped thousands of brides create lace wedding dress from home. With the help of our online tools and stylist team, we can make expert recommendations for the best lace and lace placement options for each dress.
Below are 20 wedding dresses that incorporate the most popular lace styles for 2020. Click Customize This Dress to refine any of these designs and create the dress to your unique measurements through our innovative At Home Try-on process and Fit Commit Guarantee.
1. You can’t go wrong with a classic floral appliqué.
This gown is everything you think of when lace comes to mind. It’s romantic from head to toe, finished off with a scalloped hem.
2. Flower power!
The bold rose-like florals in this lace are complimented with gorgeous vine elements. It makes a perfect choice for an all lace dress – so many details to see!
3. A pop of pattern!
A bold, geometric sheet lace is the perfect choice when you’re looking for all over pattern. Simple, but filled with so much detail!
4. Edgy yet feminine.
The lace on this dress perfectly compliments both the feminine tiered skirt and edgy unlined bodice. The elements are perfectly paired!
5. Show it off with a high neckline.
This dress features a boat illusion neckline and it’s the perfect canvas for such a gorgeous lace.
6. And we can’t forget about the statement back!
This bold floral is the perfect compliment to this faux open back look. The details remain even as you walk away!
7. Timeless in soft sheet lace.
This dress is the epitome of classic elegance with a delicate floral sheet lace throughout and scalloped trimmed necklines.
8. Show off as you walk away.
Your train is the perfect place to show off the gorgeous lace you chose! This dress has a show-stopper with gorgeous geometric lace throughout.
9. Go all in on big florals.
This gorgeous, large-scale appliqué accents every part of this dress beautifully. From the long sleeves to the low back and train – we are so in love!
10. Sheet lace for every season.
This scalloped sheet lace is beautifully placed on the high neckline and long sleeves of this dress. It’s the perfect touch of detail for this winter look!
11. Make a statement.
This gorgeous symmetrical appliqué is perfectly placed to accent the unlined bodice and sweetheart neckline of this stunning gown!
12. Lace fit for a queen.
The high neck and long sleeves of this full silhouette are all perfectly accented by this delicate appliqué! The overall effect is regal and modern at the same time.
13. Show it off with sleeves.
Illusion sleeves are the perfect way to really make your lace choice stand out! And add a scalloped trim to the openings for the perfect finishing touch!
14. Be bold with black lace!
We love how this black lace stands out against a light blue lined, A-line gown. Choose from any of our colored lining options to make it yours!
15. Showered in florals.
The 3D lace on this gown makes it truly unique!
16. Top off the Tiers.
Adding scattered floral lace to this soft white tiered ball gown with binded edges was the cherry on top.
16. Oh Sheet!
A floral sheet lace with this silk organza tiered ball gown is just to die for. We also are loving her eyelash trim along the neckline.
17. Halt for this lace.
This non-floral appliqué is perfectly placed to amplify this brides halter top.
18. A Touch of Sparkle.
This non-floral appliqué is pre-beaded to give your dress an extra boost of sparkle.
19. Vines and Leaves.
This unlined bodice wouldn’t be complete without this gorgeous vine lace cascading towards the neckline.
20. Large Florals for Me.
This crepe dress with an unlined bodice is adorned with perfectly placed with large floral appliqué.
Considering Anomalie for your gown? Here’s some additional information.
Anomalie gowns generally range between $1,300 and $2,300 and the process takes roughly 4-6 months from payment to delivery. We use an innovative At Home Try-on to ensure better measurements than a tailor and gowns are backed by the FitCommit Guarantee.
Browse base designs to get started and create an account to customize + confirm your design.
Have questions or need help creating your dress before payment? Schedule a complementary Design Call. Our principles on each call are:
- Transparency – We’ll be honest about the strengths and weaknesses of our process, and whether Anomalie is right for you. Our goal is to help you find the perfect dress, whether that is from Anomalie or somewhere else.
- We meet you wherever you are in the dress search, making expert recommendations to brides just starting or helping brides who know what they want create their dream dress.
- Visualization is key – we use the thousands of dresses we’ve made to show you specific pictures of what your dream dress will look like in your size. We’ll suggest detailed lace placement and fabric options so you know exactly what you’re getting.
Schedule Design Call:
What are the most popular lace trends for 2020?
- 3D Flowers: 3D lace flower appliqués can be seen blooming on runways and bridal gowns alike. Luxurious and feminine, appliqué botanical details emerge from dresses to complement and harmonize with their environment – floral centerpieces or the natural surroundings of an outdoor wedding.
- Lattice lace: Versatile and expressive, lattice lace brings bold geometric flair to a gown. Set against bare skin, it seductively evokes the look of fishnet stocking; laid over sheer fabric or blended into brocade, its modern elegance is particularly flattering on form-fitting dresses.
- Kate Middleton-inspired lace: Kate Middleton has displayed the ornate lace pattern, now considered her signature look, from galas to political events, but her stunning Alexander McQueen wedding gown is what inspired the trend of sumptuous floral applique lining illusion sleeves and necklines.
- Vine lace: Vine- and leaf- patterned lace can lend a subtle enchanted-forest flourish to a dress. Nature’s variety inspires equally diverse designs: delicate vine patterns combined with floral appliqués are pure springtime, while bold vine and leaf lace patterns are more sensuous, especially when wrapped around a fitted bodice.
How can I choose the best lace for my wedding dress?
Anomalie has helped thousands of brides choose the right lace for their dress. Your Anomalie stylist can recommend other laces and work with you to confirm the best lace placement. Schedule a complementary call with your stylist to visualize your lace options before payment.
What wedding dress silhouettes work best with lace?
Lace is the perfect element to add to any wedding dress silhouette. At Anomalie you can create an A-line wedding dress with lace, Sheath wedding dress with lace, Flowy wedding dress with lace, Ball Gown wedding dress, and Mermaid wedding dress with lace.
What wedding dress necklines work best with lace?
Lace is also the perfect element to add to any wedding dress neckline. At Anomalie you can create a Plunging neckline wedding dress with lace, Sweetheart neckline wedding dress with lace, Straight neckline wedding dress with lace, V-neck neckline wedding dress, Scoop neckline wedding dress with lace, Boatneck neckline wedding dress with lace, and Halter neckline wedding dress with lace.
Can I create a lace wedding dress online?
Yes! At Anomalie, we are experts on lace wedding dresses. Browse base designs on this page, and click “customize” to refine elements of this design, including confirming the right lace selection and placement for your gown. Schedule a complementary call with your stylist before payment to confirm all details of the dress including recommending the ideal fabric for your dress. Anomalie is the best-reviewed national wedding dress retailer, helping thousands of brides create their dream dress online with certainty. By sending you a sample pattern to try on before production, our measurements are more accurate than a tailor and backed by the FitCommit Guarantee.
Have questions? Read about how Anomalie ensures a great fitting wedding dress, why you should trust Anomalie to make your online wedding dress and why you should schedule a complementary Design Appointment.